Sunday, January 7, 2018

The National Drive





Here are the photos of The National Drive at Kentucky Horse Park. Yes, I know, it was on October '17. These photos are by Pics of You. I purchased all the pictures they took of me. I wanted to support the event photographer because if we don't, they will get other jobs and then we don't even have the opportunity to purchase photos anymore. I didn't even know they were taking pictures of me.

I drove a mare I had only just met and who hadn't been driven much lately because her owner had been busy taking care of her grandsons age 2 and newborn.


 This is Kokovoko Querita, AKA Trouble, the 11 year old half sib to my Pepper. She is a purebred Gotland and is for sale, but sadly not to me because I like being married. One more pony and its the single life for me!
(go to gotlands.net or Kokovoko Breeding Farm on facebook)

I took some lessons from Amy Neary of TN. She was great. I haven't had many lessons in a while, because of misc.


Trouble can really step out, and she can stretch down into the bit, but not at the same time, at least not for me that week. The potential is there. She could score in dressage and she likes to move out.

Trouble is put to a Bellcrown cart, a Phantom, I believe. The removable backstep has been removed. This cart is heavier than my Frey Sprint and rides a bit higher.


The Thoroughbred Makeover Project was at Kentucky Horse Park during the Combined Driving Event. Many of those OTTBs became desensitized to carriages.

No comments:

Post a Comment