Monday, January 15, 2018

Holding Pattern




Things are static. I'm in a holding pattern. My roundpen is still too wet to use. The road is just too steep to drive up without a warm up. I have texted the farrier and he didn't respond. I voice called him on a day that I could get a cell signal. He is looking for a tool to help him clinch the nails on the hoof-it shoes.
Yndi's toes are long, she grows so much foot! I have started rasping her toes a little bit each day. that's all my back can handle. She's been mostly stagnant for months! She is still my beloved old mare.




So yesterday, I took Yndi out. I was going to walk her a little in the driveway, but is has some gravel and rocks and she was tender, so we went out on the road which is paved but smoother. It is abrasive since they added the tar and gravel. That's good for her feet, wear them down.
She was apprehensive on the road until we got within sight of the equipment they have been using for a little road work. This was different. Curiosity overcame apprehension. We had a good walk.
Headed home. she was anxious and wanted to hurry, but she kept touching my wrist with her nose. checking in. I love it when she does that.

No comments:

Post a Comment