Tuesday, January 2, 2018

PepperPony Pizza

Tricky. Yesterday, Pepper was easier to get. I only had to chase her a couple times to get her to follow me, and once she decided, she followed me all the way to the door.

There was static, so I
couldn't brush her much. I have Static Guard spray, but she isn't too fond of the smell. Normally, I would say "Suck it up." but I decided not to.

I did a little Masterson on her and was totally shocked to get a big release about 10 inches behind her poll on the right side. Multiple yawns. I got more at the croup and again, surprisingly at the poverty groove.

On her left side, the release was on her neck about 10 inches ahead of the wither, and at the base of her tail. They were pretty big releases.

There were a couple of times she reached her  nose around affectionately, or to indicate where I was to release next. I can never be sure with Pepper. Very smart and communicative about what she needs or wants, not so open emotionally.

Really. I'm describing a mare here.

She would really let me have her nose to release her at the poll.

Then I put her away. She loves Masterson. I should do it more.

It's times like these when I can't tell if I'm working on 101 reasons not to drive, or if I'm putting my pony's needs first.

No comments:

Post a Comment