Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Clinic and Feet

Pepper and I are back from the clinic. It was mind blowing.

New radiographs show improvement and growth in Yndi's feet. Her right is bothering her more than her left. The farrier and vet are coming tomorrow to trim/xray/trim. I am hoping it helps her. I am terrified that we will find that she is having life threatening problems with her right foot. I watch her closely for signs that she is ready to go. So far, she is not.

She spent the first 16 years of her life as a broodmare, a capital investment. Now she is someone's beloved old mare and she wants to stay around for more of that.

She was shedding normally, profusely, until she received Pergolide. Then she stopped abruptly. Just as abruptly, she had begun shedding again. Profusely.
I am consulted with a vet who is a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner. Hence, the tongue pictures. She has a Qi deficiency, especially in her liver. I am expecting the herbs she needs to replenish her liver Qi.


No comments:

Post a Comment